Employer Funding for TrainingGet back up to 100% of your course cost back using the Alberta Job Grant
Would you like to receive between a 2/3rd to 100% reimbursement for your training?
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is an easy to apply for program that can reimburse you for up to two-thirds of your eligible training cost for current employees up to $10,000 per trainee per year. If you are hiring an unemployed trainee you can receive up to $15,000 and have 100% of their eligible training costs funded under the CAJG program.
Canada-Alberta Job Grant Quick Reference guide
Eligible trainees include:
- Employed Trainees, defined as:
– Trainees currently employed by the employer; or Trainees that have been unemployed for 30 days or fewer, prior to being hired.
- Unemployed Trainees, defined as:
– Trainees that have been unemployed for more than 30 consecutive days; or New hires who have worked for the employer for four weeks or fewer and were previously unemployed for more than 30 consecutive days.
- Employed family members
- Business owners (incorporated, unincorporated/sole-proprietor and partnerships) with 4 or fewer employees, including all owners.
Eligible trainees must be:
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons protected under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada), who are legally allowed to work in Canada; and Living in Alberta.
Where to apply
Apply by using the Labour’s workforce grants portal
What you need to have ready to apply:
1 – Your MyAlberta Digital ID for Business so you can login to the Alberta Labour’s Workforce Grants Portal
2 – A quote from us to submit during the process – Call us at 855-380-1488 and we can provide you with a quote and ensure that the program that you are looking at qualifies
3 – Your basic company and contact information
4 – Your Training Course information (Provided to you by ReTrain Canada in #2)
5 – Your Training costs (Provided to you by ReTrain Canada #2)
6 – Information you need about the Trainee(s) to apply
Is The Trainee Legally entitled to work in Canada?
Legal First Name, Legal Last Name
Date of Birth
Social Insurance Number (SIN)
Primary Phone Number
Employment Status Prior to Training
Status in Canada* (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident …)
Designated Groups – (First Nations (Status)/ (Non-Status), Immigrant…)
Highest Level of Education Completed
Currently residing in Alberta (Y/N)
Owner or board member of the employer applicant? (Y/N)
Related to an owner of the Employer Applicant (Y/N)
Current Employment Insurance (EI) Claim established? (Y/N)
Recent applied, or plan to apply for EI benefits (Y/N)
Full details – Alberta Job Grant application guide – https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/cajg-applicant-guide.pdf
More info – Canada-Alberta Job Grant website – https://www.alberta.ca/canada-alberta-job-grant.aspx
Where to apply – Alberta Labour’s Workforce Grants Portal – https://cajg-step.labour.alberta.ca